Indian Culture is not the only thing which attracts travelers to visit India, of late, India has also become a dream destination for enjoying adventure sports and activities. Probably, India is one of those countries in world which has something, rather more than something, for every type of adventure travelers and adventure seekers. Here is India, inviting all you adrenalin junkies for thrilling yourself with adventure sports like trekking, hiking, rock climbing, hang gliding, hot air ballooning, scuba diving, water skiing, snow skiing and the list never ends. Here are top 7 destinations where you can unleash your adventurous side.
1. Manali: Manali is situated in the lap of Himalayas. Here you can enjoy many adventure sports such as skiing, trekking and hiking. It offers blend of tranquility and adventure making it one of the most after adventure destination of India.
2. Ladakh: Ladakh is a remote place in northern India. With its barren highlands, steep slopes and frozen landscape is sure to make thrill seekers excited. Most popular adventure activities here are trekking, camping, mountaineering and river rafting. And of course, do not forget to visit the ancient Buddhist monasteries here.
3. Valley of Flowers: Ever imagined of being in a fairy land, then a trek to Valley of Flowers will make your dream come true, the beauty of the place will surely mesmerize you. Valley of Flowers was unknown to the world till 1931 and after being discovered it has been hosting huge number of of adventure and nature lovers every year.
4. Lakshadweep: Just 200-250 km away from Malabar Coast of Kerala, there is a spectacular island system of Lakshadweep. Visit this place to explore the marine life of the only coral islands of India, also be pampered by the simple and lovely people of the island.
5. Rajasthan: Visit Rajasthan for Camel Safari Adventure while exploring the world’s most populous desert, Thar Desert. You can also chose to spend a night in the desert in some luxury camps offered by many travel companies.
6. Auli: Auli has fast made its mark in skiing adventure map of world. Excellent views of surrounding Himalayan mountains makes it a dream destination for the skiers. Slopes here present remarkable challenge for the skiers.
7. Rishikesh: Rishikesh is situated on banks of River Ganges. Land of Ashrams & Yogis is also renowned for rafting adventure. You can also chose to indulge in other adventure activities like trekking, rock climbing and camping. Rishikesh is best place for those who want learn Yoga & Meditation.
If you are adventure freak and love to indulge in adventure activities then India is the right place for you. For knowing more about the adventures and adventure destination of India you can always browse Adventure in India, website providing detailed information about the adventure sports and activities in India.